Monday, April 14, 2008

Your Deltoids are Where?






Day 10 - Galveston, TX Non Travel Day





Not a cloud in the sky today, a little cool and breezy, perfect day for a bike ride on the famous seawall . Biking north we had a head wind...like riding up hill. Now riding back was NICE...I like tail winds! We rode for 10 miles in all.


The only bad thing about riding so far is that by the time I get off the damn bike seat, I feel like I've had an epidural! We passed by a statue with an arm up in the air...of course, I had to pretend I was sniffing his pits. I'm sure I'm NOT the first to have that idea.


So..during the bike ride, I mentioned to Jim that we need to pick up some hand weights because our legs are getting stronger from all the walking and biking, but our arms aren't getting much of a work out. I go to aerobics so I thought I'd show off my knowledge of the names of certain muscles. I mentioned biceps and triceps and deltoids. I said, "You DO know where your deltoids are, don't you?"


He said that he didn't have any problems with deltoids...just had a colonoscopy last year!

Yes, he was kidding...

Came back, hobbled to the showers and headed to the historic district of downtown Galveston. They've done a great job restoring it, we were here five years ago and it's looking good! There was a Carnival cruise ship, the Ecstacy beginning a cruise this afternoon and many of the passengers and crew were downtown shopping. We love Fuddrucker's burgers, so that was our big meal of the day, just a burger, no fries.


Later we had a Starbuck's coffee while waiting for a show to begin all about the tragic hurricane of 1900, with more lives lost than any other such storm. THAT is why they built the 17 foot high seawall.


We decided to stay another day here, the local meteorologists are drooling over the nice weather, rating it a *10*. We're going to Moody Gardens tomorrow and if it warms up a little more, maybe sit on the beach for a little while. We are such wimps about the cold since living in the south. I actually saw a few people in the water coming in on Sunday! We always say, "There's someone from Minnesota"


Dinner was easy since we had our 'big' meal (ha, what a joke) of the day at our 2:00pm lunch. For 'dinner' we had a Greek salad...had to use up that Feta. I always wonder how do you tell when feta goes bad? I mean, it truly does smell like spit-up!





Walked the dogs on the beach and for a time they were off their leashes. They loved running free. Well...Molly is 11, so she does not run far these days. We know the feeling...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Moody Gardens. Be sure to take lots of pictures there. It's suppose to be really nice. You've hit Texas at THE best time of year.. weather wise. I'm sure enjoying traveling with you two. Jackie :)