Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...Goes on My Blog

Day 24 Las Vegas

Monday April 28

It's sunny and hot today, what a shock! I guess living in the desert has some advantages. You certainly don't have to worry about rain ruining your plans.
Our bodies needed a rest today, so we just relaxed around the resort. But first, exercise...we rode the bikes around the resort for an hour, it wasn't too difficult, no hills.



I desperately needed to give Molly a bath. She had one in Houston, she's sooooo low to the ground and this desert dust sticks to the dogs so badly that her white areas are grey. So Jim did some maintenance on the RV and I bathed, dried, and clipped the 11 year old (with an attitude) Molly.




Later we relaxed by the pool and I got to finish one book and start another. We had lunch and I updated the blog while I still had WIFI. It's a pay WIFI on a 24 hour cycle and it was due to end in a few hours, didn't want another day because we'd only use a few hours. Hey, we've got to pay for this gas some way!




Later in the afternoon I finally got to a Weight Watcher Meeting! It's a funny thing, working for Weight Watchers, we don't actually get to go to a meeting. Yes, we're AT the meetings, but we're working, so we miss most of it. It was really nice to see things from the 'other side of the scale'. And I just had to get an official weight. I lost 3 pounds! Well, actually a little more...I usually weigh first thing in the morning and with less clothing. This meeting was at 4:30 pm and I didn't have the luxury of weighing in in my work-out clothes. Jim drove the 11 miles to the meeting, and said, that he'd wait for me at the Baskin Robins across the street. Wise guy.


Went back to the RV and ate dinner consisting of, a lean ham slice, sweet potato, Steamfresh southwest corn medley, fresh broccoli, wild Jubilee rice, and unsweetened peach/mango applesauce.


Then we headed off to the Sahara to see a show. We'd ordered tickets the day before to see Rosanne Barr. We didn't do any walking or 'forced marches' tonight...just parked at the hotel and walked to the Conga room (holds 550) to her show. She was very funny, toned down a little from her younger days. More political and aging humor than raunchy stuff. We were right in front, which worried Jim a little. He's got a loud laugh and a bald head which seems to entice the comedians to pick on him. We were a little to the side, by choice, so she left him alone...we know better.

So that was our Monday in Las Vegas, our last day here too. My feet and hip feel much better, the dog is clean, I got my weigh in done and we saw a good show.
Tomorrow on to uncharted areas...we've never been to the Reno Tahoe area.

Gotta cross this off our list of places we we need to see.

No comments: