Friday, April 18, 2008

Houston....You have a Problem - TRAFFIC!

April 16, 2008





Day 12 - Galveston, TX to Houston TX





We took a 2 1/2 mile walk on the beach before we left Galveston. It was quite windy and the surf was very rough. Morning beach walks are good for finding 'stuff' on the beach. I mentioned to Jim that it would be nice to find a big diamond ring poking out of the sand. Always the cop, his mind works a little different than mine...okay, a LOT different, and he responds with, "Yeah, with the hand still attached..." I just shook my head at such a thought....eeeeew! Although, I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that I thought to myself...'couldn't we just cut the finger off?'


Unfortunatley, all we DID find on the beach was plastic, so much plastic everywhere..so sad.



Just before we turned to head back I found my next house...and in my favorite color! Yeah, maybe in another lifetime.






We left mid morning to be certain that we would NOT hit Houston at a bad traffic time. Discovered that there is ONLY bad and horrible. Got to our campground, located in the northwest area, just beyond the Sam Houston Loop, located in a HUGE flea market area. Too bad we hit it mid week, I would like to see that place, Traders Village, with all the vendors on weekends.




Later, apparently on a death wish, Jim wanted to drive downtown IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC to see exactly where we'd go the next day, the museum district. My jaws are still sore from clenching and I'm sure I"ll stop twitching any day now. On the way back to the campground we took the side streets and stayed off the freeways.

Finally made it back and tried to relax by watching TV...we're getting better remembering that everything is on one hour earlier in Central time. Missed a LOT last week!






No comments: