Monday, May 26, 2008

I've Been Eveyrwhere Man

"I've Been Everywhere"

JOHNNY CASH LYRICS


I was totin' my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road,
When along came a semi with a high an' canvas-covered load.
"If you're goin' to Winnemucca, Mack, with me you can ride."
And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.
He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand.
And I said, "Listen, I've traveled every road in this here land!


"I've been everywhere, man.I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the deserts bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.


I've been to:Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota,Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota,Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma,Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma,Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo,Tocapillo, Baranquilla, and Perdilla, I'm a killer.


I've been everywhere, man.I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the deserts bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.

I've been to: Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa,Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake,Grand Lake, Devils Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake.

I've been everywhere, man.I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the deserts bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.


I've been to:Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond du Lac, Davenport,Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina,Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean-a.


I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the deserts bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere.



I've been to:Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado,Ellisburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado,Larimore, Admore, Haverstraw, Chatanika,Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika,Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City,Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity.





Well...almost. If you consider all four RV trips and the one with the kids in the car, waaaay back, I guess. But, still no North Dakota, the only state we've not actually put our feet on the ground in. And unless we are on a plane that has to make an emergency landing in Fargo...I'm pretty sure that we'll always be one state short of the 50 list.



Today was the 'not so much fun' part of RVing. Unloading, ugh. I took at least three days to load the buggy up. Now, why Jim thinks we can unload and put everything back in the house in three hours is beyone me! But, then again, he's the type of traveler who has to unpack his suitcase and put things away before he can get to sleep...even if he got home in the wee hours of the morning. Me? Hah, I'm still putting unpacking my suitcase a week later.



Oh, and let's not forget the laundry and cleaning the RV. Today he did the outside, and it really needed it after the of love bugs yesterday. Later in the day I started the inside cleaning that, hopefully, we can finish tomorrow. You know the deep, back to showroom cleaning....like with a toothbrush cleaning. I got the stove, microwave, sink, and all the kitchen storage done. Tomorrow we'll do the carpets and upholstery. What fun!


All the way home yesterday I wanted to say something, but was afraid I'd jinx us. So when we finally pulled into the driveway I told Jim that in this entire trip (I'll figure the mileage soon) we'd not seen any SERIOUS accidents! A fender bender here and there....and a young motorcyclist on a crotch rocket who seconds before we came around a corner crossed our lane and hit an enbankment in the NC mountains...but was okay. Just amazing and we're so happy that we didn't wittness any tragedies.


So on that happy note I'll end this part of the blog. I'll keep it open, because if we don't get a buyer for the RV we'll be taking trips, not as long as this one, though! I'd also like to add a page with hints for traveling in RV's.

And once again I'd like to thank everyone who clicked in every day to share our adventures. All the gals on Dotti's, friends, family, cousins Jeannie and Barbara, and especially those who I have never met! To the loyal followers in:

Columbia, South Carolina
Flat Rock, Alabama
Mcminnville, Oregon
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri


Thanks for sticking with us!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're sooo right about the time it takes to pack the RV and then the unpacking AND cleaning! Still, it's nice to have your own bed, potty, shower, etc. We sold our RV in January. I do miss it. But with the price of gasoline.... Now, it's just a sweet memory.

That's a good idea, writing your RV travel hints. After we totally unloaded ours, I realized there was a lot of "stuff" we never used.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Flat Rock, Alabama checking in. I really enjoyed your blog. You really have a way with words, making it feel that we are traveling along with you. Hope you will keep blogging.

Doris