Monday, May 19, 2008

Lots of Miles, Lots of Gas Today

Day 45 Joliet IL to Nashville TN (again)
500 Miles

I think this is a first, I didn't take any pictures today...

We left Joliet around 8:30am and expected to drive quite a distance, but didn't think we'd get all the way to Nashville this evening. We took I57 south picking up I24 a little northwest of Paducah, Ky. This route was a few miles longer, but avoided all cities. The roads in the north are pretty beat up at this time of year. There's a good deal of construction, repairing and upgrading going on, meaning we see a LOT of orange barrels and cones! We did a lot of shaking, rattling and rolling today.

Thankfully, the ride was uneventful and that's why we did so many miles, the most we've done in one day on this trip. The areas we covered were mostly farm lands and the further we went the greener and warmer it got.

When we realized that we would indeed make it to Nashville we decided to go back to the KOA where we stayed at the beginning of the trip....seems like so long ago, but it was only April 7th and 8th. This time however, we're just staying overnight and will head toward the panhandle of Florida tomorrow, it's a long drive, hopefully we'll make it all the way to a warm, sunny beach.

It seems as though as soon as we arrive in an area, the temperature drops to near record lows. Florida, you ready for a cold snap? I'm beginning to think we're a jinx...while we were in Chicago, they announced that it had just become the most expensive city for gasoline .


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes please we'll take that cold snap. Its only early spring and we're having the hot and dry weather already! If you can find any rain we'll take that *two* er too!
Mare

Jeff and Lori said...

Now that just wrong Mary is now making fun of my oops. (Two or too)

Mary I will be reading all that you post, Don't make a mistake.

Type00000000
Jeff

Sells said...

You too* seem to stay one step ahead of the bad weather. I wish I was going to florida 2*. We are having to* more days of windy weather....and I want two* go fishing!

I would never tease my little sister about her tooooooos.

Kathy said...

You guys are too (two, 2 ?) funny!