Friday, March 14, 2008

Trying NOT to be Pessimestic!

Late last summer when Jim started the 'I want to travel again' thing, I really tried to belive his optimism that gas prices would level off. Wrong! My pessimistic nature wins again. I half-kiddingly thought to myself that prices would spike shortly before our departure date to a *mind-boggling* $3 to $4/gal. Imagine.

So, we shall spend more to travel. It is what it is. We now are seriously contemplating not bringing the tow car (which is heavy) and perhaps just renting a vehicle when we need to. I has it's advantages and disadvantages, cost vs. freedom.

We shall see.

Departure is Saturday, April 5.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hi Kathy & Jim,

Thanks for the info concerning your blog. The page looks great. Donna and I wish you a safe and enjoyable adventure. We're looking forward to your future postings.

A&B'sGranny said...

Kathy, be sure to keep us posted on those gasoline prices as you go along. We'll be traveling vicariously with you.